I'm a creative leader who understands that awesome ideas are only as good as their delivery process. I enjoy thinking of smart, resourceful solutions for business problems. I have a strong track record for leading creative teams to deliver incredible work that impacts real business objectives.
In my career, I have developed a passion for creative excellence and delivering on strategic, data-driven objectives. I truly enjoy building partnerships and communication across production, creative and strategy teams. I focus my efforts on innovative delivery methods that deliver true business objectives.
Director of Communication Design, Snag
February 2016 – October 2018
Led the internal design team that supported Snag’s Sales and Marketing partners. As a leader and a designer, I oversaw all creative deliverables, including: brand awareness, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct and email engagement, web experiences and printed sales collateral.
• Organized and motivated a team of communication designers in a centralized partnership model using
• Partnered with product design teams to ensure consistent brand experiences across all customer experiences
• Managed a full corporate rebrand, from the initial evaluation of market awareness to developing brand voice and
visual identity systems
Manager of Visual Design, Snagajob
May 2011 – February 2016
Balanced my own individual design contributions with leading a quickly growing team of visual designers. While delivering high fidelity design that bring wireframes to life - I advocated endlessly for strong design processes and led efforts toward first pattern library and brought Agile delivery methods to our content marketing teams.
• Trained visual designers to use valuable UX design practices, such as design discovery and qualitative user research
• Played the role of product designer to Snag’s early e-commerce product line. Grew revenue 10% YOY by focusing on improvement to specific moments of our customer journey
• Supported Snag’s Sales and Marketing teams with product marketing materials such as customized pitch decks, trade show booths, merchandise and print swag
Graphic Designer, University of Mary Washington
October 2010 – May 2011
Met with clients, managed production schedules and budgeting for each project, delivered custom print solutions to support University needs.
• Directed typography, visual concepts and appropriate levels of branding for each project
• Managed production schedules, budgets and client expectations for each project
• Maintained vendor relationships to stay ahead of industry trends and ensure best value
Gallery Director, The Art League Gallery
June 2001 – December 2005
Directed a bustling gallery in Alexandria’s Torpedo Factory art co-op. Open the public 365 days a year, we hosted monthly juried membership and solo shows to our membership of over two thousand artists.
• Coordinated the design and installation of over 35 exhibits annually - often three a month!
• Developed print and web publicity and for every exhibition, reception and auction
• Managed budget: forecast and daily record keeping of all gallery sales and inventory
• Oversaw all aspects of staff development and training